KLASCO cargo terminal is the largest general cargo terminal in Klaipeda port. The terminal uses dozens of gantry cranes, many other specialized and universal handling equipment. Here are the largest areas of covered warehouses ( 47,000 m²) and open cargo storage sites ( 86,600 m²) in Klaipeda port, dozens of wagon unloading and loading sites. The terminal employs highly experienced dock mechanics and work supervisors. Mainly metal products, construction materials, grain and other bulk agricultural products, packed fertilizers are loaded. Oversized cargo are handled as well.
- Number of berths13
- Length of berths2.145 m
- Max vessel draft at the berths13.8 m
- Lifting capacity of gantry cranesfrom 20 up to 120 t
- Total area of warehouses47,000 m²
- Total open storage area86,600 m²
Bulk fertilizer terminal
Bulk fertilizer terminal handles the products of the largest fertilizer manufacturers in the region. The maximum draft at the berths (13.8 m) allows loading of Panamax type vessels. The technical capacity of the terminal guarantees high efficiency in storing and loading several types of cargo at the same time. High quality of services is ensured by experienced and professional staff.
The terminal started operating in July 2004. The warehouses are equipped with a Cleveland Cascade system that protects cargo from damage and dust.
Handled bulk fertilizers:
- Potassium chloride;
- Ammonium sulphate and others.
- Number of berths1
- Length of the berths157 m
- Maximum draft13.8 m
- Number of warehouses1 warehouse, divided into 4 sections
- Storage capacity100.000 t
- Terminal capacity1.500.000 t/year
- Loading the ship capacityUp to 15,000 t/day
- Unloading capacityUp to 180 wagons per day
Liquid fertilizer terminal
The terminal’s tanks can store large amounts of liquid fertilizer (up to 87.000 tons) and load Panamax tankers. There is an efficient railwagon unloading line. The terminal is suitable for loading both large and smaller vessels. Cargo loading is carried out at three berths. The main cargo is urea and ammonium nitrate solution (KAS).
The loading process and the amount of cargo in the tanks are controlled automatically. The maximum draft at the berths (13.8 meters) allows accept and handle Panamax type vessels.
At the liquid fertilizer terminal ethylene glycol is handled as well. The ethylene glycol handling line was built and started operating in 2005. The annual handling capacity of ethylene glycol is 150,000 tons.
- The terminal has an annual capacity of 150,000 tons;
- A separate railway line allows loading up to 5 wagons at a time. Loading capacity – 150 m3/h;
- It is possible to load ethylene glycol into tank trucks (capacity 50 m3/h).
- Length of berths646 m
- Max draft13.8 m
- Number of shore tanks (for liquid fertilizer)5
- Number of shore tanks (for chemical product) 1
- Total storage capacity (for liquid fertilizer) 87,000 t
- Total storage capacity (for chemical product)5,000 t
- Terminal capacity2,600,000 t/year
- Loading into the vessel capacity Up to 3,000 t/hour
- Discharging from the rail tanks capacity1,000 t/hour
KLASCO grain terminal is one of the most modern grain terminals in Klaipeda port. With the construction of new silos at the end of 2011, up to 9 different products can be stored and loaded on vessels at the same time. The terminal has completely new accurate accounting equipment. All automated processes are controlled by experienced specialists. The terminal was chosen by the main grain exporters of the region, as the harmonious cooperation with “LTG Cargo” allows to ensure the smooth and uninterrupted operation of the terminal even during the autumn grain export peak.
The draft at the quays (13.8 meters) allows to receive and load Panamax and Post-Panamax type vesseles.
- other cereals and agricultural products.
- Length of berth489 m
- Max vessel draft at the berths13.8 m
- Number of warehouses 1 warehouse (divided into 4 sections) 56,000 t; 3 domes x 20,000 t; 6 silos x 7,500 t; 4 silos x 1,000 t
- Storage capacity 168,000 t
- Terminal capacity3.500,000 t/metus
- Loading into the vessel capacityUp to 28,000 t/day
- Discharging from the rail wagons capacityUp to 288 wagons / day
KLASCO provides Ro-Ro services in the territory of the Central Klaipeda Terminal. The terminal, which is one of the largest Ro-Ro terminals in the Baltic States, is served by the Danish company DFDS Seaways. Its ferries connect Klaipeda port with ports in Germany, Sweden and Denmark. The ferries sailing on these lines carry more than 6 million. tons of cargo.
- Klaipeda – Kiel (Germany);
- Klaipeda – Karlshamn (Sweden);
- Klaipeda – Køge – Fredericia (Denmark).
- all services for Ro-Ro ferries;
- loading / unloading of railway wagons to / from ferries;
- passenger services;
- warehousing and storage of goods in open and closed warehouses.
The territory of the Smeltė peninsula at the berth no. 144 is designed for handling bulk and general cargo. There are open areas for cargo storage. The territory can be accessed by road and rail.
- Length of berths1,339 m
- Max draft10 m
- Gantry cranes3
- Max lifting capacity of gantry cranesUp to 40 t
- Total area of warehouses4,000 m²
- Total open storage area135,000 m²